Friday, April 9, 2010

Cue Cards

We have created cue cards for you to use in your newscast video. What will happen is you will be sitting at the table in front of the green screen with the camera man and another person facing you about four feet away. The 2nd person will be holding your cue cards and will change them as you read. The reason I had you write the words large was because you need to see them and talk naturally as if you were speaking off the top of your head, not reading from the cue cards.
It takes practice to read them correctly so the first couple of times you do it will be for practice and the cameraman will not be recording.
Using cue cards should help make you much more comfortable about being on camera, because it will greatly reduce the chance that you will make a mistake and be embarassed. It won't completely keep you from making a mistake, you could get the giggles or see something out of the corner of your eye that makes you forget what you read, but it does help.
Are you ready to be on camera and try out your cue cards?

16 comments:

SAraMillaRd said...

Yes , i am ready to sit in front of the camrea and shine like a star ! haha just kidding but im ready for whatever .

Ronald T said...

Yes I am ready for the filming...Of course im nervous but ready

arz said...

Well iam not ready to be on camera... but see how it goes.

jvr said...

No iam not ready to get in front of the camera. I am not ready because ihav not done my cue cards>

FEY said...

Well Im sorta ready for the cue card thing. I just need to make my cue card.

cl said...

well i am a liitle nevous but other then that i am ready to be on camera.

dnd said...

all I need to do is make the last cue card i sure will be able to read them when filming What Im not sure about is what everyone will be doing i.e. who will be the camera man who will use the cue cards and if we do anything with the camera angles or move it

rw said...

no im not ready to be on camera.cause im not done with my cue cards all the way and im nervous to be on camera

cb said...

no i am not ready yet. for the camera yet cause im a littel nervous.

kjh said...

no i am not ready to try out my cue cards, for me and zina have not started. so when we are done you will be the first to know.

mjm said...

no i am nottttt ready dont wanna do it!!! will it be easy?? Hmm.....will it take long?? Hmm....

zvb said...

No I'm not ready to be on the camera. I'm not done with my cue cards. I have not started on my cue cards.

Joselin s said...

Yes i am ready to be on camera. I am not really the shy type of person. I think its going to be easy. Also I love working with my BESTFRIEND Sara!

mjg said...

yes i am

JAOC said...

Im almost ready. We just need to make the cue cards. Soon we will be ready to make our video.

rl said...

Yes i am ready to be on camera.I think i am going to do a good job.And get a good grade.